Sunday, April 5, 2009

Homestudy

I just met our social worker who will be doing our home study on Saturday. It wasn't as scary as I thought it was going to be. You've heard horror stories of social workers I am sure too. But she was very nice and it was a relaxed first meeting. I gave her our initial paperwork and fee so...it's officially started. It renewed my excitement for adoption. We talked a lot about international vs. domestic and initially we were sold on international. But after visiting about the needs here in the US it opened my eyes to the possibility. Travis and I are going to pray that God will show us where to proceed but we are excited for whatever path we take. It is so heartbreaking to think of all the children out there and the one's yet to be born that will wait for someone to love them and show them God's love. Christ has called us to care for the widows and orphans and be that someone for them in any way we can, prayer, sponsoring a child, adopting.
Pray with us and for us we go through this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment