Monday, March 30, 2009

camping out

I can't remember when this started but Friday nights became "camp out" night. The boys ask all week long when we are going to camp out and what kind of snacks we are going to have. So on Friday nights we set up chairs, tie sheets to them and bring all their pillows and blankets out. They have to decide on a movie together to watch while we make a snack for them. Oreo's are a big hit but this Friday night we made a cake. While eating his piece, Oliver looked up at me and said, "mom, it doesn't look good-but the taste-good job! (thumb up) Let me explain what the cake looked like. It was a double layered round strawberry and chocolate cake. For some reason the cake just fell apart while I put the icing on. I used the same brand I have used before, following the same technique I have previously used. But this time it looked like Sebastian made the cake. We all had a good laugh at the ugly cake, but all enjoyed eating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment