Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Making Cookies















When Sebastian went down for his morning nap, Oliver, Thatcher and I made chocolate chip cookies. I found a recipe that uses applesauce instead of butter, so thought I would try it out. They had good flavor but the texture is more like cake and not cookie. But I would definitely make them again and the boys love them (anything with chocolate they will eat) and we don't have to feel bad about the fat content. Sugar, yes! The boys had fun mixing the ingredients and we tried to incorporate math into the process, 1 +1=?, they'll get it eventually.
We put on uncle Ryan's music and danced around the kitchen while the cookies were baking. They love "the fast one", Down Home Country. Thatcher cracks me up, he's style is quite unique. Oliver's I would describe as, the "energizer bunny", he just jumps up and down all around the room. Fun stuff! It's times like these that make you forget all of the negetive. Lord, help me to make more memories like these everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment